? ??????????????Light Show? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (39 Ratings)??915 Grabs Today. 46675 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Future Stars Will Be Dim? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (7 Ratings)??854 Grabs Today. 9081 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ??????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Vainity & The Purpose to Be Hairless


To be a woman, means so much. One of which is to be pretty damn cute at all times. Some how, subjectively... that doesn't work for me. HOWEVER, I will maintain casual up keep and maintenance it would take to make me look presentable not crazy. I am by no means VAIN, but how far can you go to be a woman and to not be in the same category as vanity.

Vanity: An inflation of mind upon slight grounds; empty pride inspired by an overweening conceit of one's personal attainments, appearance or decorations; an excessive desire for notice or approval; pride; ostentation; conceit.

Well that just makes it sound so negative. I'm sure we all take the extra measure for a little personal attention. I read an article that said that women look in the mirror 27 times a day. 27 times? For what? I know I do about half that... not including the glass work doors, the vending machine reflection and the back of my ID case. lol

I speak of this because I'm damning the day I decided to get laser hair removal. I've been doing it for a few years now, but like alot of women that are afraid to admit it, I do get a nice hairy visitor above my upper lip, and side burns that could make Elvis blush. Thanks to some wonderful genes and a few chromosomes this was able to be carried to me. My latin chikas got it just as bad and their gorgeous, it just happens..so we share our secrets.

At this moment, my face is burning off and red like I slept on a oven eye.. The stuff we go through to be beautiful. Here are some other shamelessly beauty vanities that make being a woman that much harder.

1. Laser hair removal

2. Brazilian Waxing, did it come from Brazil? Crazy people

3. Labia Surgery, which I think is a crock, unless your a hermaphrodite

4. Sweat Gland Surgery

5. Buttock Implants I got my mine from my mama.. lol

I'd say stick w/ what God gave you and make it work in your life. My friends might call me Mufassa <~~ (hairy lion) but I'm still happy... without the labia or ass surgery. lol

6 comments:

Grace said...

LMAOOO !!!!

I usually tweeze my own eyebrows, this past Saturday I went to the salon to get my hair done and my hair lady convinced me to let her wax my eyebrows.

I let her... that way I didnt have to go home and do them myself.

Well after she was done with my eyebrows SHE PUT WAX ALL OVER MY CHIN and UPPER LIP. Im like UM HELLOOOO WHAT ARE YOU DOING LADY!!??!

Now Im scared Im going to have a chin beard like my dad

Bon Don said...

No Brazilian for me! It's all or nothing! HAHA ok well may not "ALL" i'll settle for nice & trimmed! TMI??

But I want that sweat gland procedure, SERIOUSLY!! How cool is that!?

But I have been making an effort to try and put my make-up on daily, that way my Hubby can remember the pretty girl he married!

"Mufasa" Now that's power.
Tell me about it.
I just hear that name and I shudder.
Mufasa!
Ooooh! Do it again!
Mufasa, Mufasa, Mufasa!
Ooooh! And it tingles me!

Sorry i couldn't help it :)
*Bon Don*

Unknown said...

I hope you feel better soon!

I am not into the pain-for-beauty scene so I am glad I don't have those tyoes of problems

Errant said...

it's something we hate it but we have to do it .. no escape

Amber-Alert said...

lol...i have some uh...whiskers here and there (thats what my gma calls them) that i pluck but i dont blame u for gettin laser hair removal...i heard it hurts like hell BUT they say beauty is pain...thats what i tell myself anyway when im walkin around in heels with my feet feeling like they bleeding lol.

anyway i think we are all vain just to different extents!!

SheBloggs said...

Bow Chica:
LOL!! I hope you don't grow a chin beard! haha, if so I'm taken you to the circus!

Bon Don:
No Brazlian for me either, I don't want a lil girls snatch. Too much upkeep! And I LOVE the Lion King! The Hyena's were so vicious!

Patty:
Be thankful because it sucks.
I hate it, but I don't wanna walk around looking like my brother. The rest of those things, are not for me.

Errant:
Well said girl. No escape, man.

Amber:
The heels get me everytime. Even my lower back.. I hate to look like I can't walk in heels, so I use every muscle in my body to keep me stright..LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails