? ??????????????Light Show? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (39 Ratings)??915 Grabs Today. 46675 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Future Stars Will Be Dim? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (7 Ratings)??854 Grabs Today. 9081 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ??????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, March 23, 2009

What's For Dinner?

I'm so hungry right now. It's Monday the start of a new work week and of course I had a shitty day, which of course has me debating: Do I order out? Or cook a home cooked meal.

With the home cooked meal, I can have left overs. Ordering out is dinner for tonight, and lunch for tomorrow. Plus more fating. Possibly.

With all this recession talk, and money spending schpiel its probably better I consider some saving and cook like a real wife should. I really do love it, but everything takes SOOO LONG. Like I want to cook meatloaf, with whole green beans, sweet potatoes, and sweet corn on the cob. But I have to go buy it, prep it, cook it, bake for 45, then eat at 9:00pm. How do you cooks do it!?

I don't eat boxed meals like Hamburger Helper, they are good, but the sodium is to die for, literally and I have high blood pressure. =0(

So what do I do? Got any good quick : fresh : easy dinner suggestions?

I'll probably just stick it to time, and make something I know I'll like, like:
Shepperd's Pie! It's not too super long, but it's casserole-y and thrown together. Add it with a salad and call it a night.

Here's the recipe I found:

12 comments:

Unknown said...

shepards pie is ALWAYS a good homecooked economy proof meal

We hare having thin cut ribeyes (on sale of course) on the grill, parseleyed potatoes and green beans

Tomorrow will be a better day!

Jillian said...

mmm yum...that does look quick and easy...

as far as cooking..things like meatloaf i'll prep the night before (if you are already going to buy the stuff)...then all you have to do is pop it in the oven when you get home!

or i'll make a quick and easy chicken recipe...girl brown some chicken breasts, then pour on some cream of mushroom add peas (if you like i like it with peas)..bake it for like 20min...or just let it simmer on the stove..

we have this great store here HEB (Here Everything is Better)..they have fresh cooked meals in a bag..like Dinner for 2 Meatloaf...so Meatloaf, some veggies, and some mash potatoes or something..but all ready for you..just heat up and EAT!..better than fast food! :)

Bon Don said...

Girl just go "beaner" for the night!
get a can of refriend beans,
some tostada shells,
chopped some lettuce and tomatos, add some Jack cheese
and call it Mexican Night baby!

Tuesday Taylor said...

OMG, that looks and sounds so damn good! Get yourself a glass of wine, girl. That should be your starter. I grilled some chicken, and roasted some sweet potato wedges with red oniion in the oven (with a little olive oil and salt & peppa). Easy, and oh so good! Shepards Pie tomoro!

Smart Black Girl said...

That looks really good! I cooked a lasagna, but instead of lasagna noodles I used fresh spinach and cheese ravioli (the kind they sell in the fresh foods section) and layered with cheese and meat. Tastes great! Yeah, drink a glass of wine or a bottle! It'll take the edge off of your bad day. Don't worry Mondays are always like that. It'll get better!

Gabby said...

I feel just like you! I'd love to cook a REAL dinner every night...but eating at 9 isn't fun.

Pasta and salad is quick...tonight I made chicken breasts breaded in panko bread crumbs with a big salad. Easy!

Gabby said...

Just stopping by again to let you know I gave you an award! :)

Errant said...

looks yummy .. tell us the good news ! :)

ReRe said...

if you like veggies, a quick meal is:
put chopped bell peppers (all colors), red onions, mushrooms, and asparagus on a pan. coat with olive oil and some seasonings and back in the oven at about 375 for 20 mins. serve over some white rice.

SheBloggs said...

Dizz: YUM, you made that last nite!? Mmm, I wish I had a freakin grill. And today was better yesterday!<3

Jillian:
Thats what I need to do! Prep! I such a procrastinator! And those ready made meals sounds so quick and easy, but Fresh! Some foods have too much junk added to em.. ya know. And that store sounds so funny! My bf lives in CA, and they have a Fresh n Easy!? Who makes these store names?

Bon Don:
I'm all about being a beaner! And I've never even thought about that either! You know how easy that is!? and I forgot about Quesadilla's. <~(Neopolitan's Gma) LOL

Scandy:
Wine just makes everything better doesn't it? I didn't have any last night, but I should of! And HOLY MOLY that sounded good, but it's just like everyday ingreditents but it sounded all fancy. Sweet potato wedges in the oven? Awsome!

Islandbaby:
Lasanga is actually one of my specialties. but I've nevvvver cooked it with spinach before. I've got to try this one too. It's like less carbs w/o the noodles.
Thanks for the idea! <3

Gabby:
I've never heard of panko bread crumbs! I must look up! and I eat a big salad before every meal except brekf. to crub the appetite. Nice little trick, plus its a no brainer!

Errant:
It was sooo yummy!! I 'm gonna make it with chicken next time and add cheese on top!

ReRe:
That is so healthy! I do like veggies and my husband would love that. Thanks for the quickie! lol

Grace said...

I love Shepards Pie!!

I'd like to think I make the best shepards pie ever! It's cheap and YUMMY !

Desert Rat said...

That's what I hate about cooking - it takes forever. When I do cook I only cook in the oven because I hate standing there stirring things at the stove. ;-) Throw most types of a meat and some veggies in the oven for 45 minutes and call it a day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails